Monday 24 June 2013

Beauty: Products I've used up. Which products will I be repurchasing again?



The first product I've used up is a cleanser from Lush called 9 to 5. I was recommended this cleanser by a sales assistant in Lush. Unfortunately I was quite disappointed in this product. On the packaging Lush describe 9 to 5 as Beautifully light and simple to use, orchid and almond oil lotion to cleanse and clear skin. They also state on the packaging that this cleanser is supposed to be effective for both oily and dry skin. As I have combination skin the lady in the store assured me this would be perfect for my skin. A couple of days after using 9 to 5 I started getting spots all over my face, I don't normally get spots so this was unusual to begin with. I kept using it twice a day for a month but each week more and more spots would appear. Also the texture was really thick, it felt almost like using  a moisturizer to cleanse my face.The scent of this product  was very strange and over powering too which was a big turn off. Ive had this product for almost 2 years and Ive only finished it up now. I only ever used it as my  back up cleanser whenever I ran out of my other cleansers.

Will I be Repurchasing again? No



The second product is another from Lush called Breath of Fresh Air water toner. I purchased this product after reading great reviews online. I really love this product I bought it over 8 months ago and I only used up the last drop a week ago. Lush describe this toner water as The sea breeze captured in a bottle. A refreshing spray to tide you over. Great for use any time throughout the day as a pick-me-up for skin. I have to agree with there description! I use this toner after using my cleanser by applying a generous amount to a cotton pad to wipe away dirt and residue from my face and neck. It instantly refreshes your skin and removes all grease and make-up. Some mornings if I'm feeling extra tired I spritz Breath of Fresh Air directly onto my face, it instantly wakes me up and hydrates my skin. Also I love using breath of fresh air  straight after getting off a long flight for instant hydration!

Will I be Repurchasing again? Yes




I don't have much to say for this third product which is L'Oreal Elnett hair spray in diamond hold. The diamond hold is perfect for holding your curls all day even in the hottest of temperatures. It doesn't make your hair dry like some hair spray brands. It has a light weight feel and this large size bottle lasts forever!

Will I be Repurchasing again? Yes


 



The name of this product is quite the mouthful, but here we go!! L'Oreal's new Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution is a good make-up remover. It melts away  your make-up and easily removes even the toughest mascaras. Although I wouldn't recommend it as a cleanser or toner on it's own. I used it primarily to remove my make-up before cleansing and toning my face. I'm still undecided if I will be be repurchasing this product again


Will I be Repurchasing again?I'm still Undecided





 
 Mac's prep and prime primer is a product Ive spoke about in my previous blog post ( make-up primer reviews) It was the first primer I've used up since doing the review. It gives a soft silky feel and my skin feels amazing under my foundation.This primer is great for oily skin tones!

                                

Will I be Repurchasing again? Yes






 Benefit's High Beam highlighter is a highlighter I have repurchased over and over again and will continue to do so again. It highlights your cheekbones perfectly and sometimes I even put it under my foundation to give my face a lovely healthy glow. High Beam is one of my all time fave highlighters.

Will I be Repurchasing again? Yes






Another Benefit product I've used up is a mascara I reviewed a few months back in a previous post. This is the second one I've purchased since my review. It makes my short eyelashes look 3 times longer. The only downside I have is it's so hard to take off!



Will I be Repurchasing again? Yes







 Rimmel Stay Matte concealer in ivory was an unexpected favorite of mine. I got it in a Rimmel set in which I got a Rimmel nail polish and a Rimmel lipstick. I had never tried it before and probably wouldn't have purchased it on it's own. I used it to cover the black bags under my eyes and it was amazing it concealed under my eyes perfectly and lasted for hours. An amazing concealer for an amazing price!!

Will I be Repurchasing again? Yes



Another product I reviewed in a previous blog post is L'Oreal  Touche Magique concealer. It's great as a highlighter and a concealer and is very like YLS Touch Eclat although I actually prefer L'Oreal's version. It's an amazing product for a good price.

Will I be Repurchasing again? Yes




Benefit Cha Cha Tint was disappointing. I  really like the colour but found it very hard to blend.  I didn't like how it looked on my cheeks at all. I did like the colour on my lips though but it didn't last very long I had t re-apply it on my lips a few times through out the day!

Will I be Repurchasing again? No




 Mac's Penultimate eyeliner is  amazing to use and gives a lovely precise line although I was very disapointed in the longegevity. It dries up after only a few weeks which is very disappointing for the price of this product.

Will I be Repurchasing again? No







L'Oreal Super Liner is easy to put on and stays on well but it doesn't go on black enough for me. I prefer my eyeliners more pigmented. Although I think I prefer this then Mac's Penultimate eyeliner just because it's pretty similar but for a lot less money.

Will I be Repurchasing again? Yes



Batiste XXL Volume dry shampoo is so good for giving your hair oomph its great for back combing and freshening up your hair in between washes. It also has great scent too!


Will I be Repurchasing again? Yes





The last product I've used up is Soap and Glory's Daily Smooth body butter. I'm a huge fan of soap and Glory this is the second body lotion of there's that I tried and I love it. The smell reminds me of holidays it seriously smells so delicious. It also makes your skin super soft and silky. I was so sad to come to the end of this bottle but of already gone and repurchased another bottle. Amazing body lotion for even the driest of skin.


Will I be Repurchasing again? Yes












Please see name and links of all products listed below.

Lush 9 to 5 cleanser
Lush Breath of Fresh Air toner water
Soap and Glory Daily  smooth body butter
Batiste XXL Volume dry shampoo
Mac Penultimate eyeliner
L'Oreal Super Liner
Benefit They're Real Mascara
Benefit High Beam highlighter
L'Oreal  magique concealer
Macs prep and prime primer
L'Oreals new Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution
Rimmel's Stay Matte concealer

Disclaimer: All products were purchased by me and all opinions are my own. All pictures are my own.

26 comments:

  1. Only great products on this list ! Cool post !

    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect products for a daily routine

    You ask me yesterday for following. I followed you since a week. I Hope you do the same.

    Glamupyourlifestyle.blogspot,de

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also in love with the High Beam from Benefit. Btw thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    http://a-hearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool post ,awesome
    wanna follow each other via gfc and bloglovin?
    http://glamourzone01.blogspot.com/?m=1
    kisses
    GlamourZONE

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to, I'm following you now on GFC and Bloglovin ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post and very informative!!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I am now following be sure to return the favor!!!!

    http://closetstruck.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. will do thanks for checking out my blog :-) xx

      Delete
  7. Great post i want to try the MAC primer and both benefit high beam and the tint glad you have said you would rebuy :)

    Beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog and glad I helped you in your decision to purchase some of the products :-) xox

      Delete
  8. Nice post, sure it will help me for my next purchases!
    Thank you so much for visiting my blog, hope to see you there :-)

    See you xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! I really want to try the high beam from benefit!

    purple--flamingo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should for sure you will love it!! :-) xx

      Delete
  10. Love your blogposts sooo much! Followed you too! :) Hope you can check out my blog and follow me back! :)

    www.wardrobeventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you I follow you too I love your blog! Thanks for visiting mine hope you visit again soon! xx

      Delete
  11. I wasn't a fan of LUSH's 9-5 either! I use both high beam, and they're real on a regular basis :) Great post!
    I'm now following you on bloglovin'
    Amy
    www.wantsneedsloves.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much huni I already follow you :-) xox

      Delete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many great products! I love the Prep and prime and the XXL Batiste!!

    Blog | Cocochic
    Bloglovin | http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/1823055/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for your lovely comment and support of my blog :) I am following you too now :)

    KIsses,
    K

    ReplyDelete